This 2-day conference will bring together developers, EPCs, technology providers, policy makers, storage suppliers, investors, financing institutions and other local and international stakeholders to discuss next steps for ensuring that Egypt meets its renewable energy generation targets.
Egypt raised the share of renewable energy to 20% of the mix, which it planned to achieve by 2022. The government intends to increase further the supply of electricity generated from renewable sources to 42% by 2035 – with wind providing 14%, solar 25% and hydro power 2%. Energy output and consumption are expected to continue to grow fast, as much of the country still remains underserved. Off-grid technology, storage systems and distributed power will play a key role in that process. On the other hand, there is a strong demand for commercial and industrial (C&I) sector, opening the doors for new business opportunities. Furthermore, the prospects for Egypt to become a regional energy hub are further shaping up with several interconnections in the MENA region and towards Europe.
The 2-days conference will be divided in 4 sessions:
All these questions, challenges and further prospects will be discussed in-depth during presentations and moderated panel discussions. Furthermore, there will be live Q&A and direct networking available for all the attendees being linked to the conference platform.
• 4 Panel Sessions in two days of online streaming – 7+ hours of valuable content;
• 20+ expert speakers to learn about renewable energy developments in Egypt;
• Participate to the live Q&A and also access the on-demand recording of the event to view the presentations and panel discussions later on;
• Access our platforms to network with attendees for up to 5 weeks after the event (create your profile, schedule meetings, messaging and more);
• Connect from anywhere in the world & share business opportunities!