About the job
Sun Exchange leverages financial innovation to drive sustainable energy development. We make the environmental, social, and economic benefits of solar accessible and affordable for all.
The candidate we are looking for:
Sun Exchange is seeking to hire a South African and Western Cape-based candidate to join our company as a Solar Business and Project Developer. The role requires extensive sales experience, with significant experience in the solar industry. We’re a fast-growing company and our Business development team is a critical part of this growth.
We are looking for someone who is a natural salesperson, but who also has a technical mind. You will need to have interacted with a variety of clients, EPCs and the regulatory environment. You must have proven success in generating leads, financial modelling, developing, pitching, and closing solar deals (outright purchase or PPA model).
This is a great opportunity to become part of a highly-skilled and motivated team of passionate specialists in a fast-paced and engaging environment, with a company that is making an impact. We support team members in developing their craft, honing their strengths and autonomously contributing toward business goals.
This role will report to the company’s Business Development Manager.
Core requirements for success:
- Direct sales skills
- 5 years sales experience
- A strong understanding of the solar and new energy market in SA
- Finding electricity supply, loadshedding solutions, saving opportunities with the offtaker
- Experience working with Engineering teams, ESKOM and Municipalities
- Financial modelling and deal construction
- Contract handling and negotiation
- Knowledge of Power Purchasing Agreements
- Knowledge of the electricity / solar regulatory environment
- Experience working with solar installation companies and direct offtaker interaction
- Technical / engineering competence
- Heliscope or similar system design experience
- Fluency in Microsoft office, especially Excel
- Experience of G-Suite, Hubspot and Dropbox
- Professional relationship
- Ability to resolve challenges
- Project development
- Generating qualified leads and managing the business development and project development process from initial presentation to final offer / lease signing to COD in conjunction with our Engineering team
- Own and operate the financial model associated with each project to ensure that all stakeholders are well represented
- Identify the optimal EPC for each project and negotiate the terms
- Work closely with the allocated EPC and our engineering team per deal to ensure the project is scoped according to our protocols/standards, as well as the clients’ needs