The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in expanding our business in a new market sector within a fast-growing, well-funded climate tech start-up. This person will be a senior member of our Developer Solutions team and will form and manage relationships with distributed renewable energy (DRE) project developers across the development lifecycle with an emphasis on securing finance, scaling procurement, and managing their assets via the Odyssey platform.
Odyssey is a venture-backed climate tech company transforming distributed energy globally. We are the only end-to-end investment and asset management platform for distributed energy, offering project developers and investors a business-in-a-box solution to finance, build and operate distributed energy projects at scale across the globe. We’re facilitating more than $1.4bn of finance into the sector, have unparalleled market traction, and have leading investors behind us.
We are a diverse team with 16+ nationalities represented, all oriented around one major goal: to be THE platform accelerating the clean energy transition in emerging markets. We’re mission-driven, relentlessly focused on delivery, and highly collaborative and supportive of our teammates. We only hire team players with an appetite to swing big.
As private capital into the distributed renewable energy sector grows in emerging markets, Odyssey is expanding its solutions to leverage its technology and traction to become the largest global platform for deploying capital into the sector. Odyssey offers solutions for the full lifecycle of distributed renewable energy project development from planning and financing to procurement and management of assets. Having recently set up our investor platform as a separate business line to finance portfolios of Commercial and Industrial (C&I) projects across Africa, we are now increasing our geographical footprint by on-boarding projects developers and EPCs to allow streamlined, scalable access to these investors and our product offerings.
This role will bring to Odyssey’s Developer Solutions team the experience and expertise to create & identify rising business opportunities, manage the sales process & relationship with clients and help us scale our products and services in the region.
Who You Are
You are an experienced C&I project developer or EPC professional with hands-on experience and expertise in identifying, creating, and nurturing strong business relationships in the industry. You come with a track record of delivering C&I projects to gain immediate credibility with target developers. You are analytical, and results-driven, and can deliver with limited supervision. Following induction into Odyssey, you will be able to demonstrate a user-level knowledge of the technology tools of Odyssey available to help developers through the entire project lifecycle. You use your experience and knowledge to review current market trends and propose new business ideas. You communicate with confidence and authority while coordinating internally and externally with senior client executives to mobilise business.
– Identify and research potential clients
– Make contact, develop and maintain client relationships
– Coordinate with product teams to develop mutually beneficial proposals
– Gather useful information from customer and competitor data
– Make and give presentations to prospective clients and internal executives
– Create and implement processes and policies to support the overall business
– Track, identify and add qualified prospects to the sales pipeline
– Develop and manage strategic partnerships to grow business
– Track and report on the status of proposal components throughout the sales cycle
– Negotiate contract terms with clients and communicate with stakeholders
– Monitor product delivery teams to ensure contracts are executed as agreed
– Conduct ongoing market research to refine target segments and our approach
– Bachelor’s degree or higher in engineering, business, or a related field
– 6-8 Years’ experience working for an EPC or IPP.
– Good knowledge of Solar PV Projects from Development to Operations. Experience with equipment selection, logistics, supply-chain management, PPAs, Lease and/or Sale Agreements, and Financial proposals
– Knowledge of Estimating, Bidding, Engineering, Development, Procurement, and Finance
– Demonstrated ability in business-to-business (B2B) sales within the Solar PV industry
– Possess a clear understanding of the industry levers and the business environment in which EPCs and IPPs operate.
– Impeccable verbal and written communication skills
– Excellent presentation skills and ability to carry the company narrative
– Familiarity with project management methodologies
– Problem-solving skills to propose mutually beneficial solutions
– Ability and willingness to travel extensively for meetings with prospective and existing clients
– Demonstrable track record of sourcing and securing new business
– Ability to foster and maintain relationships with stakeholders
– Experience working across geographies and cultures