As the O&M Zone Supervisor, you will be responsible for managing the maintenance and operations activities in one of the zones of the Touwsrivier CPV1 in the Western Cape Province of South Africa.
- Manage and coordinate all maintenance and operation initiatives activities and ensure such are carried out in compliance with the company’s goals and objectives.
- Conduct all contract administration functions for work on site – including SHE obligations.
- Compile and submit reports to JUWI HQ as well as to the client.
- Monitor the plant in coordination with the centralized Control Room.
- Carry out daily site inspections and oversee all daily site activities.
- Perform fault finding and diagnostics on all CPV equipment.
- Ensure maintenance and repair on all CPV equipment are carried out timeously and on the set schedules.
- Ensure the accurate and on time execution of all scheduled services as well as unscheduled maintenance activities.
- Conduct inspections and mini audits to ensure the continuous compliance of the O&M on the site.
- Conduct / oversee all MV and HV switching activities.
- Manage a team of Field Assistants.
- Perform stand-by during weekends and public holidays (based on a roster).
- Qualified Electrician, trade tested or S4/T3/N6 Diploma / BTech / BSc / BEng Degree in Electrical Engineering, N3 or higher
- ORHVS competency (up to 132kV) and certification will be considered a plus.
- At least 5 years’ experience in Electrical maintenance
- Working experience of MV/HV substations, including transformers, switchgear, relays, etc.
- Experience in the construction, commissioning or O&M of utility scale PV plants will be considered a plus
- Experience in working with central PV inverters and/or PV trackers will be considered a plus
- Experience in the maintenance of mechanical equipment (electric motors, gearboxes, etc.) will be considered a plus
- Computer literate – MS Office.
- Previous supervisory experience will be considered a plus.
- Ability to remain in control and perform effectively under pressure
- Prepared to work shifts/overtime when required
- Physically fit and able to work in extreme weather conditions
- Fluent in English and Afrikaans
- Valid driver’s license
- Applicant must be in possession of a South African Identity Document
- Applicant must be a local resident (proof of address must be available at interview) or be willing to relocate.
Application ‘Closing Date’ – 10 January 2024
Benefits of working for juwi
Become part of a team that realises leading solar, wind and hybrid projects worldwide. JUWI Global has a high level of commitment and passion for its vision of 100% renewable energy.
Even if your profile does not match the job brief 100%, perhaps you match it 80% of the way, you could possibly be the right candidate for another position within the JUWI Group.
To apply, please submit your application via our recruitment portal and ensure that you submit your application in English.
We look forward to your energy!
JUWI operates in accordance with the Protection of Personal Information Act 3 of 2013 (“POPI Act”), and by submitting your personal information to JUWI (by way of application and/or providing any other documentation as may be required during the recruitment process), you agree that JUWI may utilise and process your personal information in accordance with the POPI Act.