About the job
Who Are We?
NOA is an integrated energy company that provides renewable energy to customers in the commercial and industrial sectors, partnering with clients to meet their net zero ambitions, while saving on energy costs.
NOA develops, constructs, and operates large-scale wind, solar, and energy storage plants and has developed a comprehensive and innovative range of fully financed, grid-wheeled solutions for its clients.
As a Junior Legal Advisor, this role is part of the Legal Team providing primary support to the Transactions Team which is responsible for taking renewable energy projects from Preferred Bidder status to Financial Close and for the Project to be ready to enter the construction phase. The role reports to Head of legal and Trading. The role is based in Cape Town and is permanent.
- Bachelor’s Degree in law
- Minimum 2 years of relevant banking / finance / corporate experience in energy projects (highly advantageous if this is in renewable energy)
Industry Knowledge Required:
- In-depth knowledge of Master Energy Supply Agreements, EPC, O&M
- Research and analysis skills
- Contract drafting
- Legal negotiation skills
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation
To act as a legal function supporting the Head of Legal, with specific responsibilities including:
- Supporting on the implementation of various transactions and bringing renewable energy project transactions to Financial Close through the negotiation, preparation and review of all legal agreements
- Leading the legal review, negotiation and approval of different Project documents (Master Energy Supply Agreements, EPC, O&M) and finance documents
- Supporting the Head of Legal with legal advisors’ appointments and leading the legal due diligence process together with external advisors
- Supporting the Head of Transactions on the structuring of transactions across sales in the commercial and industrial sector to blue chip off takers, EPC, O&M and negotiating financing and related transaction documents
- Coordinating with other departments to meet timelines and deliverables to reach Financial Close
- Supporting the team in the acquisition of secondary market opportunities
- Supporting the development team on tender/RFP submissions, if required
- Assisting on the negotiation of mandates and term sheets with lenders
- Managing the drafting of various notices and obtaining various consents in accordance with the lender’s CP Checklist
- Managing the Conditions Precedent (CP) Checklist; and
- Leading the legal review on the preparation and implementation of transaction documents as required
- As part of the Legal Team, to support other in-house teams responsible for development and implementation of Projects (such as Development, Asset Management and PPCM), when capacity allows
Other skills and attributes required:
- Commercially and solutions driven
- Ability to work under pressure and to manage a number of complex transactions
- Flexible, with positive attitude and ability to work well as part of a team
- Methodical and analytical with strong attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain good relationships with key stakeholders