The Economic Development (ED) Analyst will be responsible for supporting the ED department with the preparation of monthly & quarterly client ED reports, stakeholder engagement, identification & management of community investment initiatives, ED impact measurement, ED data analysis, ED related secondary research and management of ED related business processes.
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly ED reports for timely submission to clients.
- Ensure timely receipt of all required ED supporting documentation from sub-contractors and internal supporting departments.
- Assess ED supporting documents, liaise with sub-contractors/supporting departments on updates and accurately capture data for ED reports.
- Review ED Compliance against ED Obligations and report back on areas of concern.
- Ensure that ED documents are stored for ease of use (on server and Dropbox) and manage responsible access rights (confidentiality) to information
- Conduct desktop research to support the preparation of ED outputs (presentations to stakeholders, the preparation of bid responses, to support the ED strategic direction and others)
- Support the ED department in the development of ED plans for various clients
- Assist in the identification of community investment initiatives, the evaluation of their impact and the development of related communications to stakeholders
- Planning and management (recording meeting minutes, keeping registers, capturing of photos and ensuring POPIA Act compliance on the processing of such data) of stakeholder engagements
- Support the ED department’s response during the ED audit process
- Regularly auditing of the compliance status of B-BBEE certificates to support the B-BBEE compliance of SPVs.
- Assist in the management of B-BBEE supporting documents for planning and verification purposes
- Assists in the development and maintenance of ED databases
- Assist in the processing of ED department payments and the management of related supporting documents.
- Assist the ED department to provide a high-quality service to internal departments
- B.Com Accounting, Economics, Statistics & Data Science , Bachelor of Business Administration or post graduate degree in Development studies.
- Minimum 3 years professional working experience in a in similar position
- Fluent in English (Fluency in other language from the rest of the 11 official languages will be an added advantage)
- Demonstrable ability to work in matrix organizations and to operate in a culturally diverse international environment
- An understanding of the requirements and implications of projects
- An understanding of basic accounting practice, company law and business law
- Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, MS Word, Power Point, Excel)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to take initiative, organise effectively and meet deadlines
- Maintain and build strategic relationships
- Generate new ideas, keep up to date with best practice and promotes knowledge sharing
- Ability to keep a professional personality in public settings and to manage conflict
- Keep up to date in area of substantive expertise, emerging trends and manages self-development
- Safeguard ethics & integrity
- Good listening, writing, reporting and analytical skills
- Able to prioritise own workload and work independently under pressure
- Team player
- Problem solving skills
- Process driven
- Experience of working within a BBBEE or REIPPP ED audit environment
- Aptitude for numbers
- Assertive, confident and respects people from all walks of life
- Exposure to contracts
- Willingness to learn
- Occasional travel may be required in line with business requirements
- In addition to the duties mentioned above, the job holder is required to carry out other duties that are in essence part of his/her area of activity, according to his/ her knowledge and abilities.
Application ‘Closing Date’ – 10 January 2024
Benefits of working for JUWI
Become part of a team that realises leading solar, wind and hybrid projects worldwide. JUWI Global has a high level of commitment and passion for its vision of 100% renewable energy.
Even if your profile does not match the job brief 100%, perhaps you match it 80% of the way, you could possibly be the right candidate for another position within the JUWI Group.
To apply, please submit your application via our recruitment portal and ensure that you submit your application in English.
We look forward to your energy!
JUWI operates in accordance with the Protection of Personal Information Act 3 of 2013 (“POPI Act”), and by submitting your personal information to JUWI (by way of application and/or providing any other documentation as may be required during the recruitment process), you agree that JUWI may utilise and process your personal information in accordance with the POPI Act.