About the job
CVE South Africa began operations in 2021 with its headquarters in Cape Town. It seamlessly blends the unique characteristics of a small-to-medium-sized with the expertise, experience, and financial capabilities of our parent company CVE Group. CVE South Africa has over 15 MW in construction and operation and as part of its ambitious growth trajectory, the region aims to bolster its presence with over 200 MW across the South Africa in 2027.
An integral part of CVE Group, CVE South Africa derives its strength from the group’s extensive international experience. CVE Group is a proud certified B-Corp with a history spanning 12 years. It is renowned for financing, constructing, and operating community-centric solar installations. The Group commands an operational portfolio exceeding 530 MW, with activities across diverse regions including France, Chile, USA, South Africa, and Spain.
Being committed to surpassing the benchmark in environmental and qualitative excellence, CVE SouthAfrica and the CVE Group are distinguished by their ISO 9001 (quality management system) a certifications.
The driving force behind CVE’s success is its unwavering commitment to Our mission statement: Put people and the planet at the heart of tomorrow’s energy. As part of its mission, we emphasize our Environmental Impact, Human Impact, and Social Impact when pursuing our renewable energy production activities.
As the Solar Business Development Manager for CVE South Africa, you will play a pivotal role in advancing solar energy initiatives, with a focus on bringing projects to the Ready to Build (RTB) stage.
Targeting the Commercial and Industrial (C&I) market and municipalities, you will oversee the development and deployment of business activities, ranging from smaller projects (< 200 kWp) to potentially larger ones exceeding 10 MWp:
- Lead the development of new solar projects and engage in co-development with partners ;
- Conduct sourcing, due diligence, and negotiations for existing projects at the RTB stage ;
- Provide input and recommendations on commercial strategies based on extensive knowledge of the C&I market and market dynamics ;
- Explore opportunities through direct contacts with clients, landowners, municipalities, and business intermediaries ;
- Develop innovative business models, such as wheeling, to enhance project viability ;
- Respond to RFQs from municipalities or private companies ;
- Verify economic feasibility, establish business plans, and obtain necessary authorization ;
- Coordinate technical studies with internal engineering resources or external consultant ;
- Qualify projects through internal stages (GO DEV, GO RTB, and Go Construction) ;
- Assist in preparing financial documents to reach financial close ;
- Record and maintain project data in CVE’s CRM system ;
- Pitch commercial offers to clients and negotiate contracts, especially for the non-community solar market ;
- Stay updated on energy policies and regulations in the geographical area ;
- Develop and update reporting, monitoring, and planning tools ;
- Establish long-term relationships with clients and partners, aligning with company values ;
- Review legal and technical documents in the data room ;
- Implement best practices in procurement, design, engineering studies, and development schedules ;
- Organize and oversee construction activities, ensuring compliance with specifications, safety, and budgets.
Desired Skills And Experience
- Minimum BBA or MBA in business sciences or engineering ;
- 5-8 years of experience in developing Renewable Energy Power Plants ;
- Valid driving license ;
- Eligible to work in South Africa.