Many solar developers assume that all solar performance models are created equal.
However, many different solar performance models are available, and using the wrong one can damage your chances at closing a project, or expose you to liability you may not realize.
Getting the model right matters for solar developers for a number of reasons, including the risk of over-promising if a model fails to show important design faults that will hamper performance. What’s more, some developers are not able to tune their numbers to win the deal, while others aren’t getting enough credit for the good work they are already doing.
This pv magazine Webinar explains how solar projects can become constrained, and developers outright burned, by using the wrong solar performance model when generating sales proposals. We’ll go in depth into the pros and cons of different performance modeling approaches, identify where each one has blind spots, and show how to spot modeling-related shortcuts in a competitor’s bid.
Pv magazine Webinar content:
• Overview of different modeling approaches
• Pros & cons of each approach
• How industry technology trends are intersecting the latest developments in performance models
• Key factors driving temperature loss, and how to communicate that effectively
• How different PV modules perform based on their cell type and other physics
• Why some types of inverter clipping losses are upwards of 10 times more critical than others